The newly crowned SmackDown Women’s Champion Liv Morgan appeared on last night’s SmackDown to celebrate her win at Money in the Bank. However, Natalya interrupted Liv Morgan, and Natalya said that Liv Morgan was able to win the title because she injured Ronda Rousey during Money in the Bank.
Then Ronda Rousey came to the ring and congratulated Liv Morgan once again. Rousey stated, “You seized the moment at Money in the Bank and that’s what it’s all about. But for me, please, savor this honeymoon phase while you can because at SummerSlam you’re gonna learn that challenging for the title, it’s a whole lot easier than defending it.”
Natalya attacked Rousey from behind, but Liv Morgan saved Rousey by tossing Natalya out of the ring. Following the segment, Rousey defeated Natalya by an ankle lock submission.
Later, WWE announced that Liv Morgan would defend her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Ronda Rousey at SummerSlam on July 30th in Nashville, Tennessee.
WWE has officially added the following matches for SummerSlam.
- Undisputed WWE Universal Title Last Man Standing Match: Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Liv Morgan vs. Ronda Rousey
- United States Championship: Bobby Lashley vs. Theory
- Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos vs. The Street Profits
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin
We will update you when we receive more details. Stay tuned with The Spotlight.