Canelo vs. Ryder boxing event took place tonight at the Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Mexico. Canelo Alvarez retained his WBA (Super), WBC, IBF and WBO Super Middleweight Titles by defeating John Ryder via unanimous decision.
Here are the results of the main card
- Canelo Alvarez defeated John Ryder by unanimous decision (120-107, 118-109, 118-109) to retain the Undisputed Super Middleweight Championship (12-Round)
- Julio Cesar Martinez defeated Ronal Batista by TKO in the eleventh round (1:00) to retain his WBC Flyweight Title (12-Round)
- Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela defeated Steve Spark by split decision (96-93, 95-94, 94-95) to the WBA Inter-Continental Super Lightweight Title (10 round)
- 10-Round Featherweight bout – Nathan Devon Rodriguez vs. Alexander Mejia by majority decision (95-95, 96-93, 96-94)
- 10-Round Super Middleweight bout – Oleksandr Gvozdyk defeated Ricards Bolotniks by knockout in the sixth round (1:53)
Both me gave it there all… what a fight! 🔥#CaneloRyder pic.twitter.com/HwozVD4nW7— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 7, 2023
Highlights from #CaneloRyder | @autozone ▶️ pic.twitter.com/yHbIPnaRlA— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 7, 2023
CANELO ALVAREZ GETS THE WIN OVER JOHN RYDER IN MEXICO! 🇲🇽#CaneloRyder pic.twitter.com/2hmWcj2B8Z— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 7, 2023
Stay tuned with The Spotlight for more news.