Last night WWE SmackDown took place from the Moody Center in Austin, Texas. WWE advertised two Money in the Bank qualifying matches and an Intercontinental Championship bout for the Show. However, the advertised Aliyah vs. Shotzi match changed. Aliyah was supposed to face Shotzi in a qualifying match for the Women’s Money in the Bank on last night’s SmackDown. But WWE pulled Aliyah from the match and was replaced by Tamina.
UP NEXT on #SmackDown@TaminaSnuka vs. @ShotziWWE in a #MITB Qualifying Match! pic.twitter.com/S8LlPiTExp— WWE (@WWE) June 25, 2022
During Shotzi vs. Tamina match, Pat McAfee announced that Aliyah was suffered an injury. But he did not mention the nature of the injury.
Shotzi was able to pick up the victory over Tamina and qualified for the Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder match. Gunther successfully retained his Intercontinental Title over Richochet, and Sami Zayn defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to qualify for the Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder match.
Here’s the updated match card for WWE Money in the Bank premium live event.
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya.
- RAW Women’s Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella.
- United States Championship: Theory (c) Bobby Lashley.
- Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits.
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match participants (so far): Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, Raquel Rodriguez, Lacey Evans, Asuka and Shotzi.
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match participants (so far): Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Omos, Sheamus and Sami Zayn.
We will update you when we receive more details. Stay tuned with The Spotlight.