Sasha Banks is still receiving a lot of support from her followers ever since walked out on the May 16th episode of Monday Night RAW. Banks decided to leave the company after a creative meeting with Vince McMahon.
Last June, Raj Giri first broke the news on social media that Sasha Banks request her WWE release and was granted by the company. Since then, there were a lot of rumors circulated about Sasha Banks.
On Thursday, Fightful Select confirmed Raj Giri’s report and stated that Sasha Banks left WWE months ago.
“It was confirmed to Fightful that Mercedes’ WWE exit was negotiated “months ago,” likely when Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc. reported as much. However, WWE has yet to officially confirm this, and she remains listed on the company’s official website.
It was also reiterated to us that Sasha Banks was able to take wrestling related bookings on January 1, something that Fightful Select reported this past fall. When we asked if that was “contractual,” we were told that it was.”
Last week, PWInsider reported that Banks is scheduled to compete at NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January next year.
A news outlet noted that Banks signed a deal with NJPW which was higher than Chris Jericho’s. Dave Meltzer then noted that Jericho was earning $100,000 per appearance in NJPW. However, Jericho later clarified that he earned a lot more than Meltzer said.
For the record, the money I reportedly made during my run with @njpw1972 from 2018-2020 online currently is completely wrong. I never had a flat per appearance deal, I was paid according to the event. And I made more per event than I did for MOST of my Wrestlemania matches.— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) December 16, 2022
On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Sasha Banks discussed the return under the new WWE regime. However, the two sides failed to reach an agreement, because the amount of money was not reasonable.
“She and WWE reached an agreement in the summer regarding her leaving and the agreement was they would release her to be a free agent rather than freeze her deal, but she couldn’t do ‘anything with wrestling until the start of 2023.’
In the fall, with the regime change, she was back in negotiations to return and it was considered that it was close to a done deal, aside from the money figure, and the two sides ended up being far apart. she was said to be seeking a number along the levels of Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair and those internally have said she wasn’t offered numbers close to that.”
We will update you when we receive more details. Stay tuned with The Spotlight.