Last May, Stephanie McMahon announced that she was taking a leave of absence from WWE. At the time she was WWE’s, Chief Brand Officer and has been with the company for over twenty-plus years.
However, last July Vince McMahon was investigated for a hush money scandal and as a result, Stephanie McMahon was returned to the company as interim Chairwoman and interim CEO. Later, she was appointed as Chairwoman and Co-CEO of WWE. Stephanie’s husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque received a lot of power after Vince McMahon’s departure. Triple H became the Head of Talent Relations and Head of WWE creative of WWE.
Earlier this month, Vince McMahon came back to the board along with George Barrios, and Michelle Wilson. McMahon said that he was returning to participate in media rights negotiation deals as well as looking to sell the company. The board didn’t have an interest in McMahon’s return and McMahon was sued by a shareholder.
On Tuesday, Stephanie McMahon announced her departure from WWE again. Stephanie didn’t provide any detail on why she was leaving the company.
Axios has reported that Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are opposed to the idea of selling WWE.
“Sources told Axios that Stephanie McMahon and her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, the company’s chief content officer and a retired professional wrestler, had opposed a sale.”
It’s obvious that Stephanie McMahon didn’t want to see WWE sold to another person. However, she has no power to stop Vince McMahon. Therefore, she decided to leave the company.
We will update you when we receive more details. Stay tuned with The Spotlight.